WELLNESS & INTERNAL MEDICINE
The foundation of all medicine is wellness. At Miramonte Veterinary Hospital, we strive to prevent illness whenever possible.
We provide comprehensive wellness examinations for all your companions’ life stages, helping to ensure early detection of potential health problems. Remember, there is no substitution for early detection and intervention.
From routine care such as wellness programs customized to your pet’s age, breed and lifestyle, to more complex issues such as injuries and illness, our experience and compassion will ensure your pets’ best care.
We cover all areas of internal medicine, including cardiology, ophthalmology, neurology, dermatology, gastroenterology, oncology and endocrinology.
- In-house x-ray, ECG (electrocardiogram), Doppler blood pressure measurement and echocardiography (heart ultrasound) available for immediate evaluation
- Immediate ECG review/consultation with cardiologist available
- In-hospital appointment with board-certified cardiologist available for examination and echocardiogram
- Cardiologist placement of Holter/Event monitor and evaluation to screen for intermittent heart arrhythmias (abdominal heart electrical activity) also available
- Thorough evaluation to check eyelids, tear quality/quantity, corneal abnormalities, pressure within eye (Tonometry) and retina
- Ocular ultrasound to evaluate areas within and behind eye if needed
- Complete neurologic examination to determine general anatomic location of problem
- Experienced with various anticonvulsants to medically control seizures while minimizing side-effects
- Referral for MRI at Animal Scan in Redwood City available if needed
- Experienced with in-house microscopic evaluation of skin lesions and lumps to determine underlying problem and specific treatment.
- For environmental allergies blood allergen testing is available with immunotherapy to follow as needed.
- Available also are newer therapies such as once every month or less injection of a monoclonal antibody (CYTOPOINT™) which is cost effective and convenient. CYTOPOINT™ blocks the protein, Interleukin-23, which causes the itch.
- We know allergies can be frustrating and will track down the cause and treat with medications that minimize side-effects.
- In-house ultrasound and ultrasound-guided tissue aspiration and biopsy available for non-invasive diagnosis
- For those cancers responsive or palliated by chemotherapy it is available with close attention paid to preventing/limiting side-effects.
- If needed, surgical treatment with the option of a board-certified surgeon is available. Endocrinology